A gardener calendar is used to help gardeners plan and organize daily, weekly, monthly, and annual gardening tasks. Depending on how detailed your calendar is, it can be in the form of a traditional wall calendar or in the form of a notebook. The calendar helps gardeners keep track of what needs to be done and reminds of such important gardening tasks as planting, transplanting, harvesting, fertilizing, caring and pest control. Use these tips to make your gardener calendar.
How to apply the lunar calendar gardener gardener for 2019
Unfortunately, some people now consider certain “lunar” gardening rules to be silly prejudices. The only thing that can be opposed to them is the experience of more and more self-righteous "moon" gardeners, caring for their green kingdom in accordance with the phases of the moon and receiving amazing yields.
How to garden in collaboration with the lunar calendar of the gardener?
As you know, the Moon passes all twelve signs of the zodiac in 28 days. Recall that these twelve signs are distributed among the four elements of Nature: Fire (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius), Earth (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn), Air (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) and Water (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces).
The whole huge variety of plants can be divided into four groups according to the four elements.
Gardener-Gardener Lunar Calendar: Moon in Fire Signs
Fiery signs - Aries, Leo and Sagittarius, contribute to the growth of fruits. This group includes beans, peas, corn, tomatoes, pumpkins, squash, as well as all fruit and berry crops. These plants love heat and the sun, and collect them in the warm season.
Gardener-Gardener Lunar Calendar: Moon in Earth Signs
The moon in the signs of the Earth - Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn - affects the roots of plants, this group includes radishes, beets, celery, goat, carrots, radishes, rutabaga, sugar beets, potatoes and onions. All fruits are in the root area, that is, in the ground.
Gardener-Gardener Lunar Calendar: Moon in Air Signs
The moon in the signs of Air - Gemini, Libra and Aquarius - affects flowering plants. These include all flowers, flax, rapeseed, sunflower, cauliflower, broccoli and artichokes, in general, plants whose “fruits” develop in the field of flowers.
Gardener-Gardener Lunar Calendar: Moon in Watermarks
Signs of Water - Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces - are associated with plants whose leaves we eat. These are all varieties of salad, cabbage, endive chicory, spinach, valerian, parsley, basil, rosemary.
Not only the movement of the moon along the signs of the zodiac has its effect on plants. The periods of a new moon, a waning moon, a full moon and a moon on damage are very important.
Gardener gardener lunar calendar for 2019 months
On the growing moon in March 2019:
- Sowing begins on seedlings of tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, pepper.
- Seeds of cauliflower and early cabbage, leeks are sown on seedlings.
- Early potato tubers are laid for germination.
- Seeds of asters, lobelia, snapdragon and other flowers with a long growing season are sown in boxes or under a film.
- In the garden plot or in the flower beds from early bulbous flowers, shelters are removed and they make sure that meltwater does not flood tulips and other autumn plantings.
- Good time for transplanting indoor flowers.
On the waning moon in March 2019:
- If the snow has melted:
- under fruit trees and berry bushes make potassium, superphosphate and nitrogen,
- they are sprayed with Bordeaux liquid or copper sulfate,
- under tulips, daffodils and lilies on still frozen ground, pour superphosphate and ammonium nitrate.
- All annual shoots of blackcurrant are cut, leaving only a quarter or a third of their length. All swollen kidneys on the currant are collected and burned. Red and white currants do not need to be cut. Raspberry bushes, bent for the winter, untie.
- Branches are cut and the crowns of fruit trees are formed.
On the growing moon in April 2019:
- they plant and sow everything that should grow rapidly and is intended for immediate consumption,
- plant and sow fruit crops, cultivate crops,
- plant fruit trees.
On the waning moon in April 2019:
- carry out work to destroy pests on trees and shrubs and protect them from diseases:
- pears and apple trees are sprayed with a 3% solution of boric acid or 1% solution of Bordeaux liquid,
- nitrophosphate is added under all fruit trees,
- sprinkle strawberries on top with ash and pour over a solution of soda to destroy the weevil (1 tablespoon per watering can),
- gooseberries are treated with a solution of soap with soda ash from mildew,
- they wash young shoots with tar soap if aphids appear on them,
- on blackcurrant, swollen buds and blackened ends of branches are destroyed
- wilted and blackened tops of raspberries are cut and burned.
On the growing moon in May 2019:
- they plant flowers: they will be fragrant and give a lot of seeds,
- planting and planting fruit trees, shrubs (viburnum, mountain ash, mountain ash, sea buckthorn),
- carry out drainage work, install piles and foundations,
- mowing lawns and lawns,
- shrubs planted under this sign give an average stem and tasty berries,
- seedlings of late cabbage, peppers, eggplant are planted in open ground,
- collect herbs
- thin out plantings, mow lawns and lawns, spud and loosen plantings. Plants are tied up and propped up with poles,
- sowing cauliflower of the second planting period,
- planting marigold seedlings in strawberries to scare away the weevil,
- crushed eggshells are scattered between the rows to fight snails,
- leaf-eating insects are destroyed with mustard powder.
On the waning moon in may 2019:
- Plant potatoes and bulbs, weeding. Organic fruit is applied under the fruit trees and bushes. The earth around onions and cabbage is sprinkled with pests with ash mixed with peat,
- if aphids appeared on young shoots, shoots are treated with chalk, lime or ash,
- pinch young shoots on fruit trees (shell),
- sow white and black winter radish,
- tomatoes a week after planting in the ground are fed with nitrogen, watered with water, sprinkled with ash, loosen,
- weeds are laid in compost until they are inseminated.
On the growing moon in July 2019:
- in the vineyards - the main attention to earth operations and green grafting, combined treatments of bushes against mildew, gray rot, bunch of leaves and ticks,
- carry out protective spraying, so combining solutions to act simultaneously on pests and diseases,
- regularly weaken the binding of cuttings that have been planted in the spring in the crowns of trees, pinch off unnecessary processes, tie up the remaining shoots,
- in garlic, they scoop up the earth and bind greens into a knot to accelerate ripening.
- Do not forget and do not be lazy to cover the beds of vegetable and berry crops with film when spraying the garden!
On the waning moon in July 2019:
- regularly inspect the hunting belts on the tree stands, where they take refuge for pupation of the caterpillar,
- collect and destroy spider nests and ovipositor pests, mummified fruits,
- thorough weeding of the beds continues, the soil is mulched,
- Apricots and herbs are collected and dried.
On the growing moon in August 2019:
- put additional supports as close as possible to the ends of the branches of apple trees and pears of autumn-winter varieties to avoid breakage,
- plant rooted rosettes, mustaches and young strawberry plants,
- seed fruits are taken
- abundantly watered and loosen the soil under plantings, store sand for pouring root crops during storage,
- berry berries are regularly watered and loosened, weeded and fed to lay the bountiful future crop,
- continue to care for re-grafted crowns, pinch tops.
On the waning moon in August 2019:
- to increase winter hardiness, superphosphate and potassium are added under all fruit trees. Weed and mulch the planting. Shovel last year’s compost
- strawberries, on which there were pests, watered with infusion of soap, tobacco or garlic,
- in cherries and plums, root shoots are removed,
- pinch the tops on the upper brushes of tomatoes of all sorts,
- mow the lawns
- start picking potatoes and vegetables for storage. Dried vegetables and fruits. The berries are picked and frozen
- pick berries and fruits for making wine and juices,
- prepare seasonings for the winter,
- plant early bulbous flowers. Phlox and peonies are transplanted and propagated.
On the growing moon in September 2019:
- during this period, the strawberry planting ends,
- cuttings of red and white currants are planted on seedlings. From the annual shoots of harvested bushes, blackcurrant cuttings of 20 cm long are prepared for autumn or spring planting,
- plant garlic with cloves and heads,
- sow dill and radish soaked, they have time to grow to frost,
- transplant all perennial plants,
- canned and salted cucumbers, tomatoes, harvested salads, borscht, vegetable caviar and other products for long-term storage,
- dried and frozen vegetables, fruits, mushrooms,
- collect fruits, as well as leaves and seeds of herbs, seeds of vegetables,
- fallen leaves are raked in a pile and laid in compost.
On the waning moon in September 2019:
- all root crops are harvested and stored. Harvest vegetables and fruits. Cook jam. Making juices and wine
- take off tomatoes for ripening,
- Collect the seeds of vegetables
- fertilize and dig the ground under fruit bushes and trees. Spud dahlias
- pinching strongly growing young shoots of apple trees and pears,
- compost all vegetable waste (patients are burnt),
- soil weed and loosen. All perennial vegetables are fertilized with slurry. All plants are abundantly watered, especially young trees. Disinfect and treat damage on fruit trees. Remove from trees and burn hunting belts.
On the growing moon in October 2019:
- Plant fruit trees and bushes
- cauliflower, leek and parsley are transplanted from the open ground into the greenhouse (third turn),
- earth is cultivated under fruit trees with the addition of black soil or manure (prevention from frost),
- spring greenhouses are disinfected, freed from the tops and dug shovels on a bayonet,
- seedlings of plums, cherries and pears are pinned for the winter (they are best planted in the spring),
- tree branches clear of the old bark, destroying the larvae of wintering caterpillars. Disinfect and treat damage. After cleaning, the branches and the base of thick branches are bleached with a lime solution with the addition of a sticky substance.
On the waning moon in October 2019:
- harvest and ferment late cabbage. Healthy heads of cabbage are left in storage,
- All fruit trees and berry bushes are sprayed with a 4% solution of Bordeaux fluid. Glue belts are applied to the trees. In the currant bushes, dry and old branches, as well as damaged and underdeveloped shoots, are cut out by secateurs at the very base
- dahlia tubers are dug up, dried and put away for storage,
- roses, clematis, spray chrysanthemums prepare for winter: cut damaged and excess shoots and branches, bushes bend to the ground and pin,
- the fallen leaves are raked and put into a compost pit,
- they prepare the soil for the garden for the next season: they apply one or another organic or mineral fertilizer, depending on which crop is supposed to be planted. They dig the earth deeply without leveling it. The soil is limy (1 time in 3-4 years). Fertilizer must not be applied with lime!
On the growing moon in November 2019:
- dig out and transplant in a bright room lettuce, celery, leaf parsley,
- prepare the soil mixture for seedlings of early greens. Part of the soil is stored in the basement, the rest of the mixture is well covered so that it is not washed away by precipitation,
- check and sort the fruits left for storage,
- cuttings for winter distillation are selected from the best grape varieties. Before planting, they are placed in the basement or covered with a layer of sand. Planting them in pots or plastic bags begins no earlier than December,
- cut fruit shoots from raspberries, gooseberries and currants - old (over 6 years old), unproductive. Young plants (fruit seedlings, grape cuttings, cuttings) in the absence of frost and, if necessary, are watered, spud with an earthen mound,
- covering grape varieties are covered with an earthen layer.
On the waning moon in November 2019:
- Dry peat is poured around the planted trees. The remaining raspberry shoots are bent to the ground and tied or pinned with wooden hooks,
- continue to ferment cabbage,
- they dig up horseradish and take out small roots for spring planting, which are then put into the cellar for winter storage and sprinkled with peat,
- fallen leaves are raked and laid in a compost pit. The pit is well watered and covered from above with a layer of earth,
- in steady frosty weather, plants are sheltered for the winter,
- insulation material must be absolutely dry! Perennials and bulbs are covered with dry peat, roses and clematis with needles, dry peat or dry leaves to protect them from moisture,
- trunks of fruit trees are tied to protect against mice and hares.
Even in December 2019, according to the lunar calendar, there is work in the garden and in the greenhouse.
In December, grape cuttings are planted in pots for winter distillation.
Check potatoes and other vegetables laid in storage.
Shake and trample the snow around the fruit trees. The branches of young trees and bushes are carefully shaken off and tied so that they are not broken by snowfall. Snow retention is carried out in areas where young strawberries are planted.
Disinfect greenhouses, sowing boxes, hoses and all garden equipment to eliminate possible foci of diseases and pests.
The effect of elemental energy on plants
Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo
Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Libra, Aquarius, Gemini
Stem, juice circulation
Branches, shoots, leaves Most favorable for planting, transplanting, watering and feeding Zodiac signs - Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio. Everything planted these days will grow beautifully.
Average favorable Capricorn, Virgo, Pisces, Gemini, Libra, Libra, Sagittarius are considered. However, under the Moon in the sign of Capricorn, it is better not to work with the roots of plants. With the Moon in Pisces, it is better to abandon watering, top dressing, pruning plants, and you should not prepare earth mixes - there is a high probability of decay and the occurrence of fungal infections. When the moon in Gemini is a favorable time for planting climbing and ampelous plants. With the Moon in Libra, it’s the right time to form the crown of plants.
Infertile The signs of Aquarius, Leo, Aries are considered. They do not recommend top dressing - you can burn the plant. When the Moon is in Aquarius, the time comes for breeders, there is a chance to get something special.
The moon dictates its own rules. Knowing them, you can create your own calendar of summer cottages
AT New moon (aspect of the combination of the Sun and the Moon) the plants are at rest, therefore, it is not recommended to sow, plant, transplant anything a day before it and a day after. Roots damaged in the New Moon are having difficulty restoring their growth. Favorable: loosening, pruning (mainly indoor plants).
AT Full moon (aspect of the opposition of the Sun and the Moon) the roots and root system lack energy. Not recommended: pruning, grafting, pinching plants, as well as planting, transplanting, as the survival rate and root vitality are reduced. Favorable: top dressing, loosening.
On The growing moon (first and second phases), after a new moon (the maximum saturation point with energy of branches, leaves), it is good to plant and transplant plants that tend to go up. Favorable also: watering, top dressing, loosening of plants.
On Waning moon (the third and fourth phases) favorable division, planting, transplantation of rhizome, tuberous and bulbous plants, as this is the highest point of energy saturation of the roots and tubers.
With these recommendations, you can independently create your own lunar calendar.
full member of the Russian Geographical Society
The effect of the moon on plants
The moon passes through its phases and acts on plants, animals, humans, causes ebbs and flows. Since all life consists mainly of water, it is subject to the influence of the space satellite of the Earth. Moonlight powerfully affects the etheric body of living beings, regulates their growth and development.
At the new moon, the ethereal energy of an invisible substance goes into dense and inaccessible areas of the body. In plants, these are the roots, the bases of the trunks. During this period, juices of young shoots slow down circulation, plants slow down their growth. Even in ancient times, people noticed that pruning, collecting medicinal roots and root crops is best done on the new moon. In the new moon you can not sow, plant, work with a sharp tool. Weeding can be carried out.
On the contrary, in a full moon, everything comes to life, the growth energy rises upward, fills green shoots and ripening fruits with strength. Therefore, the full moon is favorable for crops and transplants. Since the power of plants is concentrated in the foliage, herbs and flowers are also collected during this period.
Картофель сажают между этими фазами. Клубнику, землянику во время растущей Луны. Grapes should be cut in front of the new moon, overall indoor flowers should be transplanted in front of the full moon. Tomatoes and cucumbers should be sown with the growing moon, root crops with the waning.
Planting crops according to the zodiac signs
Each zodiac sign contains useful information for a person engaged in agricultural work. Using the tips of the calendar, you can correctly distribute sowing events.
Aries is an empty and unfavorable sign. Planting crops on such a day is impossible. Whatever time is lost, weeding can be done during this period.
Taurus - when the moon, in this waning sign, boldly proceed to dive seedlings and to plant crops such as potatoes, beets, carrots. With the growing moon, sowing greens and asparagus, as well as cabbage and bean species, is extremely suitable.
Gemini - at this time, planting vegetables is not worth it. Weeding and processing of plants from pests is possible.
Cancer is a sign of water and therefore moisture-loving crops such as cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and cabbage are ideal candidates for planting in the ground. Also during this period, you can prune the trees.
Lion is a bad sign. On this day, you should refrain from landing activities.
Virgo is a period of time ideally suited for cultivating the land and weeding weeds.
Scales - during this period, you can plant vegetables and berries. Fruit trees planted at this time, perfectly take root and do not get sick. When the moon in this sign is very good to sow flower crops.
Scorpio is a great time for planting seedlings in the ground. Suitable for sowing garlic, onion - sevka, radish, peppers and eggplant. This day is good to prune fruit trees.
Sagittarius is a sign under which any sowing work is completely impossible.
Capricorn - in this period you can not lose a minute. You can plant any crops especially that are sown before winter. Perennials take root perfectly. Harvested on such days is perfectly stored.
Aquarius is an empty infertile sign. On such days, weeding is recommended.
Fish - under this sign you can’t plant fruit trees and prune them. For sowing vegetable crops, this is an excellent period of time.
Using the recommendations and excellent tips of the lunar calendar, you can guaranteed to get a good crop of vegetable and berry crops.
Table of the lunar calendar of the gardener and gardener for 2019
Favorable and unfavorable days for planting on seedlings and in the ground
Tab faces for January - May 2019
|Tomatoes, eggplant, pepper and other crops from the nightshade family (for growing seedlings, with planting in a greenhouse or garden)||1, 2, 10, 11, 19, 20, 27, 28, 29||6, 7, 8, 15, 16, 17, 24, 25, 26||7, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 23, 24||7, 8, 11, 12, 20, 21||1, 8, 9, 10, 17, 18, 26, 27, 28|
|All varieties of cabbage||_||16, 17, 22, 23||15, 16, 21, 22||11, 12, 18, 19||8, 9, 10, 15, 16|
|Beans, as well as peas and other legumes, corn, rice, oats, wheat and other cereals||_||_||1, 2, 15, 16, 23, 24, 28, 29||11, 12, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26||8, 9, 10, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23|
|Spicy crops (parsley, sorrel, garlic dill, lettuce, mustard, cilantro, horseradish, onions, etc.)||1, 2, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29||16, 17, 23, 24, 25||15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24||11, 12, 18, 19, 20, 21||8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 18|
|Squash, pumpkin, zucchini||_||6, 7, 8, 24, 25||5, 6, 7, 23, 24||2, 3, 20, 21, 29, 30||1, 17, 18, 26, 27, 28|
|Radishes, carrots, rutabaga, potatoes, beets, Jerusalem artichoke, root parsley, daikon radish, turnips and other long-stored root crops||_||1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29||2, 3, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30||1, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28|
|Cucumber, as well as watermelon and melon||–||14, 15, 24, 25||13, 14, 23, 24||9, 10, 20, 21||6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 17, 18|
|Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, currants, strawberries and other berries||_||22, 23, 26, 27||21, 22, 26, 27||The beginning of the transplantation of seedlings, seedlings, cuttings in the garden: 18, 19, 22, 23||15, 16, 19, 20|
|Annual flowers||1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 19, 20, 23, 24, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31||6, 7, 8, 16, 17, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27||5, 6, 7, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27||2, 3, 11, 12, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 29, 30||1, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 27, 28|
|Perennial flowers||1, 2, 10, 11, 15, 16, 19, 20, 27, 28, 29||1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11,13, 24, 25, 28||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 23, 24, 28, 29||2, 3, 7, 8, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30||1, 4, 5, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 31|
|Planting fruit seedlings||_||_||_||_||_|
|Bad days for work||6-8, 21||3-5||2-4, 6, 30-31||5, 26-28||_|
Table for June - October 2019
|All varieties of cabbage||_||Repeated sowing of Beijing cabbage: 8, 9, 10||_||_||_|
|Spicy crops (parsley, sorrel, dill, garlic, lettuce, mustard, cilantro, horseradish, onions, etc.)||5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15||8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 30, 31|
|Radishes, carrots, potatoes, rutabaga, beets, Jerusalem artichoke, root parsley, daikon, radish, turnips and other long-stored root crops||_||_||_||_|
|Perennial flowers||_||_||_||_||Landing under the winter: 10, 11, 15, 16, 28, 29|
|Planting fruit seedlings||_||_||11, 12, 13, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27||8, 9, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24||5, 6, 15, 16, 20, 21|
|Bad days for work||_||_||1, 30||15, 28||_|
Favorable and unfavorable days for work in the garden