Follow these steps if you plan to make shots in support of only one team. You will have only one color of gelatin.
- 1 Pour water into a saucepan and add a little gelatin.
- 2 Let it dissolve for 1-2 minutes.
- 3 Cook it on low heat for 5 minutes, mixing well.
- 4 Pour colored gelatin into a bowl.
- 5 Add the gelatin mixture to the bowl and beat with a whisk until the colored gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 6 Leave for a few minutes to let the mixture cool, and then pour into alcohol.
- 7 Place the cookie cutters on a baking sheet. On the baking sheet, it will be easier for you to get out and put the forms in the refrigerator.
- 8 Pour the gelatin into the molds, and leave in the refrigerator for 4 hours, or overnight.
Method 3 Make Shots for Both Teams
Follow these steps if you want to support both teams represented on the Super Bowl. You will use 2 different colors, each packaged.
- 1 Pour water into a stewpan and add a little gelatin to dissolve in water. It takes 1-2 minutes.
- 2 Turn on a small fire and cook the gelatin for 5 minutes, stirring or whisking with a whisk until it dissolves.
- 3 Pour each bag of gelatin into different bowls.
- 4 Divide the gelatin mixture evenly for both bowls.
- 5 Pour a glass of alcohol into each bowl.
- 6 Place 2 rows of cookie cutters on a baking sheet.
- 7 Pour colored gelatin into each pan separately.
- 8 Place the pan in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Tips before starting
Today, there are various variations of recipes with whiskey, vodka, champagne and other alcoholic drinks, but it is worthwhile to understand that there is no difference what kind of alcohol you will use, the main thing is that it is of high quality. It is quite possible to make alcoholic jelly with your favorite craft beer, but do you want it? That is, I would like to emphasize that the border of alcohol jelly allowed in the recipe is limited only by your imagination.
Now that we know that jelly and alcohol are perfectly combined, it is necessary to clarify the situation with the selection of jelly taste. To do this, we have compiled a short list of well-combined pairs of "alcohol - jelly":
- Vodka - orange or cherry jelly.
- Whiskey / Cognac - Apple Jelly.
- Tequila - lemon jelly.
- Gin - Kiwi jelly or peach jelly.
Important to remember: the most optimal proportion for alcoholic jelly would be: one part alcohol to two parts liquid jelly. If you increase the amount of alcohol, then the jelly will turn out tasteless and too strong.
Alcoholic jelly: a step by step recipe with photos
In this section you will learn how to make alcoholic jelly in 4 steps. Simple and fast!
- First prepare the packaged store jelly according to the instructions. Or dissolve gelatin in hot water with fruit syrup or compote.
- Cool the finished jelly to 30-40 ° C, pour in alcohol and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into shots or plastic cups, and leave them in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving the jelly, let it stand for 5-10 minutes at room temperature so that it melts slightly.
You can also make layered jelly. To do this, wait until the first layer hardens, and add the second cooled layer on top. Repeat the same procedure with each subsequent layer.
Alcoholic jelly in orange slices
- Cut the oranges in half and use a spoon to peel the pulp. P.S. In the future, you don’t need the pulp of oranges, so you can just eat it or make fresh.
- Take a bowl, pour hot water into it and dissolve the gelatin according to the instructions. Stir thoroughly until it is completely dissolved.
- Add alcohol, cold water and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into the molds obtained from the peel of the halves of oranges.
- Leave the jelly in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Next, make sure that the jelly is completely frozen so that it does not spread when cut.
- Cut the slices into equal parts and treat your guests.
It's important to know: the peculiarity of alcoholic jelly is that when consumed, you will practically not feel alcohol. However, in large quantities, this dish can cause you a hangover, so you should always follow the measure.
Jelly bears with alcohol
Usually jelly bears are filled with vodka, but you can try any other strong alcohol. In addition to bears, you can use any other ready-made jelly analogs (up to sweet marmalades).
1. Pour the bears into a bowl. Pour in the same vodka so that it covers all the bears.
2. Cover the bowl with cling film and place it in the refrigerator. Let the jellies brew for a minimum of two days.
3. Try one bear on the second day. If its taste suits you, then everything is ready, if not, add more alcohol and send it again to brew in the refrigerator.
Important: the duration of soaking may depend on the manufacturer and the technology for the production of jelly figures. The denser the jelly, the longer it takes to soak. Do not forget about the cling film, otherwise your bears will absorb all the smells of the refrigerator.
Perhaps these are the most interesting recipes for making alcoholic jelly at home. If you know a recipe that is not presented here, please share it in the comments below.
Raspberry Jelly with Rose Wine
- Pink wine - ½ bottle,
- Fresh raspberries - 200 g,
- Sheet gelatin - 4 plates,
- Sugar - 200 g
- Allspice - 5 peas,
- Fresh basil - 1 sprig.
- Put gelatin in cold water. At the same time, pour the wine into a small bowl and bring to a boil over low heat. In the process of boiling, consistently add basil, pepper, sugar and 100 g of raspberries (in this case, the berries fall into the wine just before boiling). As soon as the contents of the container begin to boil, wait a minute and remove it from the heat.
- Squeeze the gelatin plates and mix them in the wine until completely dissolved. Remove the pepper and basil, and strain the remaining mixture through a sieve, crushing with a spoon of berries. Then let the liquid cool outside the refrigerator.
- Arrange 1/2 of the unused raspberries in dessert vases or in wine glasses, then fill them to half with jelly mix and refrigerate. Then remove them into the light of day, spread the remaining berries, fill them with the remaining mixture and return to the refrigerator until they solidify (if the second half of the mixture has already thickened by the time of the spill, you can safely melt it in the microwave).
Seven photo ideas for alcoholic jelly
Found a bug or have something to add? Select the text and press CTRL + ENTER or click here. Thank you for your contribution to the development of the site!